Tips to Keep Your New Car Clean
They say the biggest investment somebody can purchase, after a house, is a vehicle. So you want to keep your new car pretty clean, right? Right. Here are some tips to keep in mind after you purchase your beautiful new Toyota (or your beautiful new off-brand vehicle).
- Take your car to the car wash a few times a month. You don’t have to go crazy with the most expensive wash, a basic wash will do. Most car washes will have vacuum stations that you can clean the inside of your car with, usually costing about $0.25.
- Wipe down the surfaces. You can buy Armor All Auto Surface Cleaning Wipes at a local gas station. Keep them in your car for the times you might spill your Dunkins’ coffee all over the place. Another alternative you can use is baby wipes.
- Clean your carpets & shake out the floor mats. This can go hand-in-hand with the first tip. It can be a little frustrating when you notice the kids have completely trashed the floor of the backseat with cheerios.
- Keep a designated trash bag or container to hold your trash in. Some of us eat while driving and tend to throw our trash wherever. Keeping a plastic bag for your trash will keep your car clean and your mind stress-free.
- Don’t hoard stuff in your car. That means, if you bring a raincoat with you and swap it with your usual jacket, bring one of those jackets inside when you’re home. If your kids bring a bunch of toys in the car with them, bring those toys back into the house afterwards.
- Keep your glove compartment organized. Most of us keep our registration and inspection papers in our glove compartment. Keep that space organized & clean with your documents so that they are easily accessible for when you’re on the road.
- Use air fresheners. After a while, your car will lose that new car scent. Keep air fresheners handy, especially if you’re a smoker. There’s nothing worse than getting into a car and all you can smell is cigarette smoke.
- One last tip you can do once every few weeks is get your car auto detailed. Auto details can include a thorough cleaning of both the exterior and the interior of your vehicle. Most details will range between $50-$150, depending on the size of your vehicle.
Hopefully these few tips will help you keep your new Toyota always looking fresh!
Daily Mom. 10 Tips for Keeping Your Car Clean And Organized. February 2018.
Happy Chappy. HappyChappyCo. 16 Weird & Wonderful Ways to Keep Your Car Clean & Organized (2017 Update). February 2018.
3 comment(s) so far on Tips to Keep Your New Car Clean
I like how you mentioned that in order to keep your car clean, it is best to bring it regularly to a car wash, even multiple times a month! I think it’s so much easier to maintain a vehicle’s cleanliness than it is to clean it after having neglected it for a long time. My husband and I recently bought a new car, and we are considering having it professionally washed in order to keep it clean like it is now after buying it, but we aren’t sure if it would be worth it. We’ll definitely have to look for a reliable car wash business in our area that we can take the car to regularly, in order to maintain its cleanliness and preserve its value over time.
I just bought a new car that I’d like to keep in as good of shape as possible. I thought it was helpful how you suggested I detail my car every few weeks to keep it in good condition. I’ll be sure to keep this in mind to ensure my car stays in top condition.
Hi Caroline! Thanks for this helpful car cleaning tips. Any products recommendation to use for much easier and effective use to clean cars? Thanks in advance!