How to Cancel Your Plates Online
We all know going to the RMV for any reason can be an all-day affair. Even if you’re simply going to drop off your old plates, you have to be mentally prepared for the visit.
That’s why we have put together a short & sweet “How to Cancel Your Plates Online” step-by-step guide for you!
How to Cancel Your Plates Online:
- Go to google.com
- Type in the phrase “Mass cancel plates” in search bar.
- Click the first search result that appears. It should say “Cancel My Registration – Introduction”.
- Click “Continue” at the bottom right of the screen.
- Enter in MA Registration Number (your license plate number) & ONE of the following:
- MA License/Permit No
- MA FID #
- Enter in Email (Email is Required).
- Retype email to confirm.
- Click “Continue” in the bottom right of the screen.
- You will be able to review & confirm that the records are correct before submitting for cancelation.
- Once complete, your plates will be canceled and you may print a receipt for your records. You may want to send a copy of the receipt to your insurance company as well.
- You may do whatever you please with the plates – Keep them to remind you of all your memories in your old vehicle, or you can toss them right into the trash.
- If you’re canceling plates to a vehicle that was leased, you must enter in Toyota Lease Trust FID number.
- TOYOTA MOTOR CREDIT CORP FID #953775816
- TOYOTA LEASE TRUST FID #336191745
- Your email address has to match the records of the vehicle you are canceling plates for. If you have any issues with canceling, you may contact the RMV Telephone Center at (857) 368-8000 or (800) 858-3926. You can also physically return plates at the RMV.
*Expressway Toyota is not responsible for canceling plates. Please go online to cancel, the Massachusetts RMV, or contact your insurance agent.*